by Amy Abbott
Let’s be honest: planning out every detail of a wedding can be very overwhelming. And for brides getting married in 2019, the planning process fun is underway. For some of these brides, they’ve been putting together details for their dream wedding their whole lives! Yet for others, planning starts at the engagement and they have many decisions left to make. No matter what your wedding will look like, keep in mind that bringing your family and friends together to celebrate the start of your married life should be exciting! To keep the excitement going and some stress at bay, here are 10 upcoming trends for 2019 that are sure to wow any crowd.
- 1) Bringing nature inside – Expect to see the greenery trend of years past change a bit, with the focus shifting from accompanying flowers to replacing them. Vintage and rustic themes will fade into the background, as creating a nature-inspired space take the forefront, featuring organic backdrops that are photo-op ready.
- 2) Geometric & Floral Theme – Whether you want a high-end or casual feel to your wedding, chic geometrics are the way to go! From ceremony backdrops to cake designs, geometric details can be implemented in both big or subtle ways throughout your entire wedding. Pair these shapes with beautiful flowers, and your guests will be talking about your decor for years to come.
- 3) Halo Engagement Rings – While the halo ring design has been around for years, we are seeing new and improved designs moving into 2019. The halo design no longer simply circles the main diamond, modern styles evoke starbursts, flowers, leaves and other nature-inspired shapes. Jewelers, such as Blue Nile, are feeling the “halo effect” and offer more engagement ring styles than ever.
- 4) Shades of Purple – Whereas the colors of the past few years have been subtle and muted, get ready for a change of pace with brighter, deeper colors. One of these colors you should expect to see a lot of is purple: from decorations to florals, purple is ready for its moment in the spotlight.
- 5) Mix & Match Groomsmen attire – It has been common for some time for bridesmaids to pick their dress styles in one or a variety of colors, and now it’s the groomsmen’s turn. Expect menswear to take center stage this year, featuring suits with tailored fits, pops of color and patterns. Watch out bridesmaids, the groomsmen are ready to take the stage in 2019!
- 6) Neon Signs – Add a diverse pop of light to your wedding decor with neon signs! Use a professional flexible LED neon to personalize your sign to spell out “love”, your wedding hashtag, or a silly phrase that speaks to your relationship. The creative detail will not only brighten up your space but create a fun place for guests to take photos as well!
- 7) Dahlia’s – One flower hot on the wedding scene in 2019 will be dahlia’s, and for good reason! Their wide variety of colors and intricate layers makes dahlias perfect for any bride, and stun in bouquets with lots of greenery and fillers.
- 8) Wedding Cake Alternatives – Large wedding cakes are almost something of the past, with cupcakes and other cake alternatives taking the forefront. From donut boards and macaron towers to create-your-own waffle sundae bars, couples are getting creative when it comes to dessert. How sweet is that!
- 10) Weekend Weddings – The times of a one-day wedding event are behind us as more and more weddings are turning into weekend-long events. Whether you expand your rehearsal dinner to include more than just the wedding party or plan a post-wedding soiree, don’t let the celebration end!
- 10) Fun Food – Couples will opt for live food stations rather than traditional sit-down meals in 2019. From taco trucks to prosecco vans, give your guests the option of eating wherever they want. This opportunity gives your wedding the adaptability and personalization modern couples crave.